Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
It is a next generation arc therapy technique that has established new standards for Radiation Therapy by reducing the treatment delivery time to few minutes. This reduces the potential for patient motion and enables better patient comfort and tolerance.
The new technology delivers targeted radiation, with the help of highly sophisticated software. It delivers IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SRT, and SBRT with Arc Therapy. The machine is functional and is delivering personalized, safe, efficient and high quality radiation with enhanced dose conformance as per the tumour size, shape and pathology.
- full 40 cm X 40 cm uninterrupted field size
- variable gantry rotation speed
- continuous collimator angle optimizations
- single or multiple superimposing arcs
- coplanar or non coplanar arcs
- active leakage reduction
Multileaf collimators with dynamic movement - Sophisticated IMRT and IGRT tools, including micro multileaf collimators for SRS, SRT and SBRT
Portal imaging and CBCT for patient position verification
Record and verify system
Database storage about the treatment and its parameters
Very fast delivery of IMRT plans
Sequence mode imaging allowing true evaluation of patient motion during treatment position.
BENEFITS OF VMAT TECHNOLOGY
- Personalized, safe, efficient and high quality Radiation Therapy.
- Enhanced dose conformance as per tumour size, shape and pathology.
- Reduced (1/10th) total radiation dose to prevent occurrence of second primary tumours.
- Reduced treatment time (1/6th) to prevent inconvenience.
- Minimal side effects /complications.
- Higher tumour control probability.
- Portal imaging and CBCT for patient position verification.
- Largest (40 X 40 cm) uninterrupted field size.
- Sequence mode imaging allowing true evaluation of patient motion during treatment.
- Image and treat patients at the same frame of reference, visualizing soft tissue details.
- Ultralow dose and 3D Volumetric Imaging to minimize treatment margins without compromising safety.
- Modulating radiation intensity with single / multiple super imposing arcs.
- 4D adaptive IGRT and fastest delivery of IMRT plans.