Centre for Cancer Surgeries (Surgical Oncology) at Dharamshila Hospital is the most trusted centre across the world for its excellent surgical skills State-of-the-art Infrastructure and adoption of Professional standards (both nationally and internationally). Patients with solid tumors, breast cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Cervix Cancer, Oesophageal Cancer, liver cancer, Pancreatic cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Brain Tumours etc. can come to Dharamshila Hospital with the assurance that skilled, experienced surgeons are backed by powerful interdisciplinary insights and extensive trainings.
Cancer surgery is one of the most important modality of cancer treatment used for curing early stages of cancer of any part of the body from head to toe. Cancer surgery is also used for providing symptomatic relief to patients with advanced disease. Centre for Cancer Surgeries at Dharamshila Hospital undertakes all routine, high risk and emergency surgeries. High success rate with minimal complications has been the tradition of the Centre. Depending on indications and patient’s preference laser surgeries, endoscopic surgeries / open surgeries are performed.
Centre for Cancer Surgeries at Dharamshila Hospital offers organ specific treatment and brings together all of the surgical units under one roof :
- Unit of Minimally Invasive Surgery/ Keyhole Surgery - Minimally Invasive Surgery / Keyhole Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalhave been pioneers in the field of laparoscopic surgery. Over the past two decades, the range of abdominal surgical procedures that can be performed with minimally invasive (or laparoscopic) techniques has expanded enormously. Now, a growing amount of cancer surgery can also be carried out safely, quickly, and efficiently through a number of small incisions. Dharamshila Hospital’s Oncology team applies these cutting edge techniques while never compromising the principles of cancer surgery.
Minimally Invasive Surgery / Keyhole Surgery Unit at Dharamshila Hospital offer minimally invasive surgery for cancer of the esophagus, uterus, stomach, liver, pancreas, colon and rectum, and peritoneal malignancies. There are a number of advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus the more common, open procedure. Pain and blood loss are reduced due to smaller incisions, recovery times are shorter, quicker return to normal activities and less damage to surrounding healthy tissue. The key element in laparoscopic surgery is the use of a laparoscope, a long fiber optic cable system which allows viewing of the affected area by snaking the cable from a more distant, but more easily accessible location.
- Unit of Head and Neck Cancer Surgery- Head and Neck Cancer Surgical Unit at Dharamshila Hospital is exclusively dedicated to the patients who are suffering from head and neck cancers, which include cancers of the throat, larynx, nose, sinuses, and mouth. Head and neck cancers are different from any other cancer because they affect how you eat, speak, socialize, and express yourself. In other words, the head and neck cancers strike at your identity. The main objective of Head and Neck Cancer Centre is to restore our patient’s normal facial appearance, chewing, swallowing and speech capabilities and ensure a cancer free good quality of life.
- Unit of Esophageal Cancer Surgery - Esophageal Cancer Surgery Unit at Dharamshila Hospital offers comprehensive care for patients with Esophageal Cancers, including advanced diagnosis, best treatment options and rehabilitation services. Because successful esophageal cancer treatment can be extremely complex, The centre brings together a team of specialists that includes gastroenterologists, thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, pain management specialists and nutritionists to assess each patient′s needs.
Treatment teams at Esophageal Cancer Surgery Unit at Dharamshila Hospital consider each patient′s type and extent of Esophageal Cancer to recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. They also carefully consider and select the treatment option that will allow the patient to maintain quality of life with good survival rate.
- Unit of Breast Cancer Surgery - Breast Cancer Surgery Unit at Dharamshila Hospitalis exclusively dedicated to the patients who are suffering from breast diseases, which includesBreast Cancers, Breast Benign Tumors, Fibrocystic breast disease, Phyllodes etc.Our breast surgeons understand the anxiety associated with breast cancer / breast diseases and are dedicated to providingstate-of-the-art and compassionate care to all our patients.They workwith reconstructive surgeon, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other specialists at our Breast Cancer Centre of Excellence and are with our patients every step of the way, from diagnosis through treatment, surgery and reconstruction.
Our multi-specialty team works with each patient to develop an individual treatment plan to ensure the most effective, thorough cancer care. We explain the benefits of every surgical option such as:
- mastectomy—partial or radical
- the removal of lymph nodes
- breast conserving surgery
- image-guided breast surgery
- minimally invasive surgery
Our surgeons consult with each patient about her medical treatment plan and her wishes for reconstruction following treatment. There are two main options for reconstruction that help patients achieve a natural look and feel:
- Implant reconstruction in which a saline or silicone-filled prosthetic form is implanted under the chest muscle to recreate the look and feel of the breast.
- Tissue flap reconstruction in which a section of tissue from your abdomen, buttock, thigh or back is used to rebuild the breast.
We offer cosmetic breast surgery including breast augmentation, breast reduction and breast lift, as well as other contouring procedures, for more details, visit the section of Cosmeticand Reconstructive Surgery Centre.
For more information about Breast Cancers and its treatments, kindly visit the section of Breast Cancer Centre
- Unit of Gynaecological cancers Surgery - Gynaecological Cancers Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalis committed to providing expert, compassionate care for patients with gynaecological cancers, including cervical cancer, endometrial/uterine cancer, gestational trophoblastic disease, ovarian cancer, vaginal cancer and vulvar cancer.
We have one of the experienced centreat Dharamshila Hospitalfor minimally invasive surgeries for the management of endometrial, cervical and ovarian cancers.A multispecialty team offers the most comprehensive treatment options. This means the level of specialized experience is high, which leads to better outcomes.
For more information about Gynaecological Cancers and its treatments, kindly visit the section of Gynaecological Cancers Centre
- Unit of Gastrointestinal Cancers Surgery – Gastrointestinal Cancers Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitaloffers comprehensive care for patients with Gastrointestinal Cancers includingadvanced diagnosis, best treatment options and rehabilitation services. Our skilled and experienced Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgeons are backed by powerful interdisciplinary insights and extensive trainings. The unit provides minimally invasive techniques, bariatric surgery and treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux conditions, esophageal cancer, wound care, hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancer and neuroendocrine disorders of the pancreas. Diseases and cancer of the colon and rectum are specialty areas of our colorectal surgeons. Each surgeon practices subspecialty surgery limited to each individual′s area of expertise and interest.
For more information about Gastrointestinal Cancers and its treatments, kindly visit the section of Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre
- Unit of Genitourinary Cancers Surgery– GenitourinaryCancers Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalprovides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach in diagnosis, treatment and management of all urological cancers, disorders and diseases including cancers of the bladder (including the urethra), kidney, prostate, testicles, and penis. Our minimally invasive surgical techniques lead to faster recovery times with less pain throughout the treatment process.We offer the most-advanced technologies and techniques to pinpoint the location and extent of the cancer with an ultimate goal to control the cancer and preserve the best quality of life after treatment.
For more information about Genitourinary Cancers and its treatments, kindly visit the section of Genitourinary Cancer Centre
- Unit of Bone and Soft Tissue Cancers Surgery – Bone and Soft Tissue Cancers Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalprovidescomprehensive care for bone and soft tissue sarcomas in adults and children, cancer metastatic to bone and soft tissue, and benign bone and soft tissue tumors of the extremities. Malignant bone tumors include osteosarcoma, Ewing’s sarcoma, chondrosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, metastatic carcinoma,and others.Our team of Bone and Soft Tissue Cancers have an exceptional depth of clinical experience because they see a high volume of patients with soft tissue and bone tumors. Our multidisciplinary team applies this expertise to develop a plan of treatment that is customized to the unique needs of each patient.Our surgeons have extensive experience with some rare and challenging forms of osteosarcoma that require special surgical procedures, including limb salvage surgery and amputation.
- Unit of Brain Tumours Surgery–Brain Tumour Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalis committed to the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors and skull base tumors. At DHRC, a multidisciplinary team work together to diagnose and treat people with brain tumors and provide the high-quality, integrated care.
A team of Neurosurgeons, Neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and other medical specialties work together to treat each Brain Cancer patient. They consider each patient′s type and extent of Brain Cancers to recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. They also carefully consider and select the treatment option that will allow the patient to maintain improved quality of life with good survival rate.
- Unit of Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery– Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery Unitat Dharamshila Hospitalhave been pioneers in the field of Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery. The team of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery deals with surgical correction of body disproportions and allows rejuvenation of the effects of ageing thereby improving the self-image, social adequacy and the level of self-confidence. Plastic surgery is the only surgical speciality that covers all the visible soft tissues from ‘top to toe’.
Our plastic surgeons work collaboratively with other specialists — such as oncologists, gynecologists, dermatologists, bariatric and orthopedic surgeons — to provide you excellent comprehensive patient-centered care.
What makes us Different?
- We hold a mandatory Daily Tumour Board evaluation by a team of oncologists (Head and neck surgeons, Breast Cancer Surgeons, Gynae-oncology Surgeons, Gastrointestinal Surgeons, Uro-oncology Surgeons, Bone and Soft Tissue Surgeons, Neuro Surgeons, Laparoscopic Surgeons, Medical and Radiation oncologist) and other allied specialists (Dentist or Maxillofacial Surgeon, Reconstructive Surgeon, Nutritionists, speech, voice, and swallowing therapists) to ensure optimum and tailor made treatment plan for every patient to ensure best outcome. The centre continues its leadership in the multidisciplinary treatment approach for the patients with malignancies for long term outcomes.
- Most-advanced treatment support including IMRT / IGRT with Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), Targeted Therapies etc.
- Evidence based treatment plans leading to higher cure rates.
- Highly skilled Team of Surgical Oncologists including Head and neck surgeons, Breast Cancer Surgeons, Gynae-oncology Surgeons, Gastrointestinal Surgeons, Uro-oncology Surgeons, Bone and Soft Tissue Surgeons, Neuro Surgeons, Laparoscopic Surgeons who worked together with Medical and Radiation oncologist, Dentist or Maxillofacial Surgeon, Reconstructive Surgeon, Nutritionists, social worker and speech, voice, and swallowing therapists.
- Innovative minimally invasive techniques for all types of cancer, including Laparoscopic (keyhole), endoscopic and laser surgery