Nephrology (Kidney Diseases & Dialysis)
Dharamshila Narayana Centre of Nephrology is dedicated to understand the Kidney diseases, their development, progression, treatment and prevention. We provide world class, personalized health care services in all aspects of nephrology including: hemodialysis, sustained low efficiency dialysis (SLED), Plasmapheresis, peritoneal dialysis, critical care nephrology.
The Centre of Nephrology provides comprehensive health care for patients with different types of kidney diseases like acute or chronic kidney failure, kidney disease due to diabetes mellitus, hypertension, stone disease, infections, hereditary illnesses and poisonings etc.
Clinical Expertise and Facilities: A team of highly qualified and experienced specialists provide compassionate care for each and every patient. We utilize the most sophisticated diagnostic procedures and the latest treatment techniques to treat entire kidney and its related disorders.
- Renal Medicine- We have expertise for doing kidney biopsies under ultrasound guidance in native as well transplanted kidneys. We run Nephrology clinic for patients with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, kidney transplantation and children with kidney and related disorders. We also provide preventive health checkups for patients at risk for kidney disease like patients with diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, stone disease, recurrent urinary tract infection, familiar kidney disease, morbid obesity etc.
- Dialysis Centre – Dialysis is a procedure done to purify the blood of patient with kidney failure by removing the toxic and waste substances. There are two types of dialysis: hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Both dialysis modalities are available at the DHRC under the direct supervision of leading experts in this field.
- Hemodialysis – We provide three sessions of maintenance hemodialysis per week.
- Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) – At peritoneal dialysis unit we provide round the clock facilities for manual as well as cycler assisted intermittent peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and continuous cyclic peritoneal dialysis (CCPD) and other hybrid modalities with the help of a Home choice peritoneal dialysis cycler.
The Centre is well equipped with state-of-the-art equipments which include the latest computerized bicarbonate haemodialysis machines with volumetric ultra filtration and adjustable sodium facility, Reverse osmosis system, Electro cardiogram machines, crash carts and cardiac monitors to ensure patient safety.
Continuous monitoring of sick patients on dialysis is done throughout the dialytic procedure with the help of highly specialized monitors. Dedicated separate wing for isolation to the needs of immunocompromised patients.
- Clinical Nephrology – Daily Consultation
- Critical Care Nephrology – Dedicated Renal ICU for Kidney Patients
- Dialysis – Peritoneal Dialysis (Acute PD, CAPD, APD)
- Haemodialysis – Maintenance HD
- Emergency HD
- CRRT-(CAVHD/CVVHD) for critical Patients
Decisions of Transplant Committee on 04.04.2018