Dear Colleagues and Friends,
It gives us great pleasure to invite you to "International Cancer Congress – 2016 on Haematological Malignancies, Controversies and Concensus”, being organized by Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital on February 6th and 7th 2016.
The unrivalled developments witnessed in the field of blood diseases, both malignant and non-malignant warrant a reappraisal of our approach to managemnt of patients suffering from hematological disorders. Advancements in understanding of pathogenesis of these conditions as well as expansion of diagnostic tools have allowed development of targeted molecules which aim at the specific dysfunctions within the abnormal cells leaving aside the normal ones. At the same time, major strides in the field of allogeneic BMT has brought this intervention at the forefront of the management of blood diseases. At this exciting juncture, where we are contemplating cure for the hitherto incurable conditions, we shall be assembled with the great and the good in this field, to share our experiences and thoughts.
Highlights of International Cancer Congress 2016:
1) 8th DHRC Oration by Prof Franco Aversa, University of Parma, Parma (Italy) on ‘Translational Research in Haploidentical Transplantation’ on the evening of 6th Feb, 2006. Prof. Franco Aversa pioneered the concept of Haploidentical BMT. His innovations and tireless efforts for 25 years in the field of haploidentical BMT has made it possible for us to provide this option for patients, who do not have a fully HLA matched family donor.
2) Pre Conference Symposium on ‘Thalassemia - An Unfinished Journey’ where the speaker will be Prof. Surapol Issagrisil from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok (Thailand).
3) 7th February shall be marked by 4 keynote lectures by Prof Shaji Kumar (Mayo Clinic, USA), Prof Peter Bader (Frankfurt, Germany), Prof Surapol Issagrisil (Bangkok, Thailand) and Prof Paul Moss (Birmingham, UK). This congress shall also be graced by National experts such as Prof. Tapan Saikia, Prof. Lalit Kumar, Prof. G. K. Rath, Prof. Hari Menon, Prof. Pankaj Malhotra, Prof. Subhash Varma, Prof. Navin Khattry, Prof. Biju George, Prof. Siddharth Laskar, Dr. SashiKant Apte, Dr. Jose Easow along with leading Hematologists, Hemato-Oncologists, Medical and Radiation Oncologists from Delhi NCR.
4) Scientific Sessions on the following topics:
* Relapsed Myeloma Post – Autograft : Second Autograft or Allograft or Novel Agents
* Translating Biology to Therapy : The Success Story of Myeloma
* Aplastic Anaemia : Time to Move Ahead
* Is Allograft the treatment of choice for adult ALL in CR1?
* Prospects for Personalized Therapy in Acute Myeloid Leukemia
* Haploidentical Transplantation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia – The Changing Paradigm
* Targeting Cellular Immunity to Cure Cancer : A Paradigm Shift
* Second Generation anti-CD20 antibodies – finding the niche
* Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma : Time for Molecular Immunophenotype to Guide Treatment
* Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma : Are we there yet?
* Hodgkin’s Lymphoma – Redefining the Role of Upfront Radiotherapy
5) Onco Quiz, Best Abstract Session will also be an attraction for budding hematologists.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital.
Date : 6th and 7th February, 2016
Venue : Hotel Holiday Inn, 13, Mayur Vihar, Phase – I, Delhi – 110 091, India