Multidisciplinary Patient Care
Depending on the type and stage of the cancer, the treatment plan may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of all these modalities. Our Head and Neck Cancer treatment team is consists of a multidisciplinary group of head and neck cancer specialists with expertise in providing state-of-the-art care in the rapidly evolving area of head and neck cancer management. The team also incorporates specialty rehabilitative services to provide the finest in complete patient care which is as under :
- Medical oncologists design the most appropriate combination of chemotherapy, chemo-radiation and targeted therapy for your particular cancer.
- Radiation oncologists offer innovative radiation therapy techniques customized to your individual needs and designed to deliver the most effective therapeutic radiation to the cancer while preserving normal nearby tissue.
- Head and Neck surgeons with advanced training in the surgical treatment of head and neck cancers provide the most advanced surgical techniques to maximize tumor removal and preserve function and appearance
- Plastic surgeons perform state-of-the-art reconstruction utilizing free tissue transfers to optimize function and appearance
- Radiologists offer advanced state-of-the-art imaging and expertise to evaluate tumors, assist in surgical and radiation treatment planning, and monitor the results of treatment
- Pathologists evaluate tumor samples to provide precise diagnostic information, including any biomarkers that can help your team design the best treatment plan for you
- Oral surgery prosthodontists make prostheses to aid in functional rehabilitation
- Oral maxillofacial surgeons help restore function and appearance
- Speech and language pathologists work with patients to maximize speech and swallowing functions affected by treatment. These specialists, along with oncology nutritionists, are integrated into all phases of the care plan, to mitigate the complications of treatment that can occur in head and neck tumors
- Oncology nurses bring special expertise in cancer care for patients with head and neck cancer
- Psychiatrists and social workers provide family, spiritual, emotional and mental health support.
- Palliative care providers work with your team to address pain and quality-of-life concerns
Members of our treatment team meet regularly with our patients and their referring consultants to ensure clear communication and seamless coordination of care.