Haematology, Haemato-oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Centre of excellence at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility for patients requiring treatment of benign and malignant diseases of blood i.e Thalassemia Major, Severe Aplastic Anaemia, Sickle Cell Disease, Immune Deficiency Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, Relapsed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, High Risk Neuroblastomas, Relapsed Ewing Tumours And Relapsed Testicular Tumours.
In addition to comprehensive blood studies, the centre also treats the entire gamut of blood and blood related disorders, anaemias, bleeding and clotting conditions, bone marrow failure syndromes, inherited and congenital conditions and blood cancers, in both adults and children.
Dharamshila Narayana BMT centre is the only centre of India, with a BMT unit, built as per international standard, class 1000 for clean rooms. The centre offers facilities for Autologous BMT, BMT with fully HLA matched donor and BMT with half matched (Haploidentical) family donor.
Third generation cutting edge technology; adhering to stringent international standards of infection control, cleanliness, hygiene and quality assurance; passionate and dedicated team of nationally and Internationally Acclaimed BMT physicians, Haematopathologists, Radiation oncologists, critical care experts, BMT nurses and other support staff are the greatest pillars of BMT centre. The entire team works collectively to diagnose, guide, advice and treat patients with patient centric approach. Positive and vibrant environment adds value to standard medical care. The team ensures that patients are in a position to take informed decisions about their care.
Dharamshila Narayana BMT Centre is a centre of excellence for cutting edge, Half-matched Family Donor or Haploidentical BMT, led by Dr Sarita Jaiswal, Dr Suparno Chakarbarti and team. The team has performed over 85 Haploidentical BMT in the last 5 years and in the last 36 months, 54 such transplants have been performed at Dharamshila Narayana BMT Centre with 80% disease free survival at 12 months. The team created history by daring to do most difficult and challenging half matched / Haploidentical bone marrow transplants in adults, suffering from Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia. With this Dharamshila Narayana has joined the elite club of a handful of such centres globally.
More than two decades of trust enjoyed by Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, makes it a perfect and preferred destination for patients suffering from all blood disorders.
Why choose Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital for BMT
1. Most trusted Cancer hospital with experience of more than two decades.
2. Largest experience in haploidentical BMT
(> 50 transplants in 3 years)
3. Only hospital of India which runs a regular Haploidentical BMT program with a success rate of 90%.
4. Internationally recognised faculty for haploidentical BMT (See ‘our team’)
5. Haploidentical BMT is made financially viable by employing experience, expertise and cutting-edge research.
6. The BMT unit is designed as per International standard, class 1000 for clean rooms.
7. Only hospital of India and one of the few centres globally, which has dared to do most challenging haploidentical BMT in adult patients of Sickle cell anaemia and thalassemia, successfully.
8. Carrying out magnetic separation of cells using MACS technology
9. Dedicated Lab for Haploidentical BMT.
10. Adherence to stringent international standards of infection control, cleanliness hygiene and quality assurance
11. In-house availability of entire team of Haemato-oncologists, Haemato-pathologists, Critical Care Specialist, Medical Oncologists, Paediatric Oncologists, Microbiologists, Pathologists, Psychologists, Counsellors, Dieticians, physiotherapists and patient care coordinators.