Multidisciplinary Patient Care
Depending on the type and stage of the cancer, the treatment plan may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of all these modalities. Our Gynaecological Cancer treatment team consists of a multidisciplinary group of Gynae cancer specialists with expertise in providing state-of-the-art care in the rapidly evolving area of gynaecological cancer management. The team also incorporates specialty rehabilitative services to ensure recovery extends to wellness after treatment which is as under :
- Medical oncologists design the most appropriate combination of chemotherapy, chemo-radiation and targeted therapy for your particular cancer.
- Radiation oncologists offer innovative radiation therapy techniques customized to your individual needs and designed to deliver the most effective therapeutic radiation to the cancer while preserving normal nearby tissues.
- Gynae Oncologists (Cancer surgeons) with advanced training in the surgical treatment of gynaecological cancers. They are fully qualified specialists in the management of gynaecological cancer.
- Radiologists offer advanced state-of-the-art imaging and expertise to evaluate tumors, assist in surgical and radiation treatment planning, and monitor the results of treatment
- Pathologists evaluate tumor samples to provide precise diagnostic information, including any biomarkers that can help treating team design the best treatment plan for you
- Oncology nurses and nurse practitioners bring special expertise in cancer care for patients with gynaecological cancer
- Oncology psychiatrists and social workers provide family, spiritual, emotional and mental health support.
- Palliative care providers work with treating team to address pain and quality-of-life concerns
Members of our treatment team meet regularly with our patients and their referring consultants to ensure clear communication and seamless coordination of care.