Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital Approach
Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre is committed to providing patients with a multidisciplinary team approach to diagnosis and treatment. Right from the first visit, the efforts of our gastrointestinal cancer specialists are coordinated and tailored to meet the unique situations and needs of every patient and family. This is reflected in their close collaboration as they offer patients the full spectrum of standard and innovative treatment programs.
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Patient Care Coordinator - A patient care coordinator responsible for keeping patient and staff lines of communication open and promoting patient satisfaction, the Coordinator works closely with the Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre team.
- Gastroenterologists use their specialized knowledge of the digestive track and skills to diagnose and stage cancers of the upper and lower gastrointestinal track.
- Pathologists confirm your cancer diagnosis and provide physicians with detailed information that guides the treatment you receive from our multidisciplinary team.
- Interventional Radiologists - Physicians highly trained in radiologic imaging, interventional radiologists use small needles, guidewires and catheters to diagnose and treat disease.
- Radiologists - Physicians who diagnose medical problems by conducting and interpreting imaging studies produced with X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) scans and ultrasound. They play an important role in determining a gastrointestinal cancer diagnosis.
- Surgical Oncologists offer ready access to some of the latest and most advanced procedures in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers, including the Whipple Procedure, Minimally Invasive Surgeries, Transanal Endoscopic Surgeries etc.
- Medical Oncologists – Medical oncologists at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre have wide-ranging experience with the latest cancer therapies, including:
- The newest forms of chemotherapy
- Targeted agents
- Anti-angiogenesis agents
- Radiation sensitizing treatments
- Anti-nausea drugs
- Palliative medicines to minimize the troublesome effects of gastrointestinal cancer and its treatment
- Radiation Oncologists– Cancerspecialists with advanced training and expertise in radiation therapy. Radiation oncologists at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre are experienced and skilled in the use of the most sophisticated treatment technologies, including:
- Linear Accelerators capable of delivering a wide variety of radiation energies, depending on individual patient needs
- CT Simulator, the most advanced 3-D simulation system that has set the standard for radiotherapy planning
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) / Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), which uses very sophisticated computer technology to deliver carefully calibrated radiation beams to targeted tumors while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue