Dr. Paras Singhal, Associate Consultant – Urology and Kidney Transplant is alumni ofAll India Institute of Medical Sciences. He has completed his MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from this reputed institute of India.
He has been awarded the Endourology Society Fellowship for research and clinical observership for one year at New York, USA in the field of prostate cancer research. He was also involved in the clinical outcome research, MRI use in diagnosis and management of prostate cancer, development of novel tools for intra-operative peri-prostatic nerve monitoring and novel genetic studies in prostate cancer.He has completed his MCh (Urology) from PGIMER Chandigarh and received training in basic and advanced urological procedures including endoscopic, open and laparoscopic procedures as well as exposure to robotic surgery during his residency. He has contributed in many research papers and publications in renowned International & National Scientific Journals. He has presented several lectures; health awareness talks in various International & National conferences.
Area of Expertise : He has expertise in the following fields :
- Stones in kidney, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra
- Tumours/Cancers of kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate, urethra, penis and testis
- Surgery for adrenal masses
- Prostate diseases – Benign prostatic enlargement, prostatitis
- Urethral stricture
- Urine related complaints – incontinence, retention
- Neurogenic bladder
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urinary infections & Genito-urinary Tuberculosis
- Congenital urinary malformations – PUJO, VUR
· Kidney transplant surgery
· AV fistula, CAPD insertion for dialysis
· Endoscopic urologic surgeries
· Laparoscopic urologic surgeries
· Robotic urologic surgeries
· Andrology (Male sexual health and male infertility)
· AUA-USI International Travel Fellowship 2018 – Travel grant for AUA Annual meeting 2018 at San Francisco, CA, USA, May 2018. Also selected for representing India in AUA Residents Bowl held in the same conference.
· Winner (First prize) of PG quiz in annual conference of North Zone Urological society of India at Meerut, India, Nov 2017
· Vattikuti RSC (Robotic surgeons council) scholarship – Travel grant for RSC annual meeting at New Delhi, India, April 2016
· Endourology Research Fellowship – A one year corporate sponsored fellowship for 2013-14 provided by Endourology society for research and observership, at New York, NY, USA
· FESTA (Foundation for Endocrine Surgery Training and Advancement) scholarship and travel grant for 10th Post-graduate course in Endocrine Surgery, Lucknow, Nov 2011
· Successful completion of ATLS course for doctors with recognition as having instructor potential, Aug 2011
· Successful completion of “Short term training in Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery” at MISTC (Minimally Invasive Surgery Training Centre), AIIMS, July 2010
· Gold Medal (National level) in Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO), 2003
· Award (state level) in Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPO), 2003
· Award (state level) in Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INChO), 2003
· NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) Scholarship by NCERT (National Council for Education Research and Training), 2001
1. Jain V, Jain S, Singhal P, Nayak SL, Mathur RP. Surgical illustration of en-bloc (dual) kidney transplant from a 16-month old brain-dead donor to an adult recipient. Indian J Urol. 2017 Jan-Mar; 33(1):85-89.
2. Huland DM, Jain M, Ouzounov DG, Robinson BD, Harya DS, Shevchuk MM, Singhal P, Xu C, Tewari AK. Multiphoton gradient index endoscopy for evaluation of diseased human prostatic tissue ex vivo. J Biomed Opt. 2014 Nov;19(11):116011
3. Pisipati S, Ali A, Mandalapu RS, Haines Iii GK, Singhal P, Reddy BN, Leung R, Tewari AK. Newer concepts in neural anatomy and neurovascular preservation in robotic radical prostatectomy. Indian J Urol. 2014 Oct;30(4):399-409
4. Aykan S, Singhal P, Nguyen DP, Yigit A, Tuken M, Yakut E, Colakerol A, Sulejman S, Semercioz A. Perioperative, pathologic, and early continence outcomes comparing three-dimensional and two-dimensional display systems for laparoscopic radical prostatectomy--a retrospective, single-surgeon study. J Endourol. 2014 May; 28(5):539-43.
5. Singhal P, Ali A, Tewari AK. Active Surveillance is the treatment of choice for low risk prostate cancer. AUA News- Aug 2013:9-14
6. Chhabra S, Hegde P, Singhal P. Primary Small Cell Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder - Mini-review of the Literature. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2012, 13:3325-3329.
7. Bansal V K, Misra M C, Babu D, Singhal P, Rao Y K, Sagar S, Kumar S, Rajeshwari S, Rewari V. Comparison of long-term outcome and quality of life after laparoscopic repair of incisional and ventral hernias with suture fixation with and without tacks: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. SurgEndosc. 2012, 26(12):3476-3485.
8. Bansal V K, Misra M C, Kumar S, Rao Y K, Singhal P, Goswami A, Guleria S, Arora M K, Chabra A. A prospective randomized study comparing suture mesh fixation versus tacker mesh fixation for laparoscopic repair of incisional and ventral hernias. SurgEndosc. 2011, 25(5):1431-1438.sultant – Urology and Kidney Transplant