Dr. Mitesh Sharma, Director & Senior Consultant - Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi (India) has over 21 years of experience in Cardiac Surgeries and worked as Chief Cardiac Surgeon and Head at various hospitals of National Repute.
He has studied Medicine (MBBS) and General Surgery (MS) from NHL Municipal Medical College &Sheth VS Hospital, Ahmedabad. He gained Super specialisation in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (MCh) from the reputed Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Mumbai.
Dr Mitesh Sharma worked as a Fellow in the Dept. of Cardiac Surgery, at the University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden. Dr Mitesh Sharma received specialized Training in Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Dept. of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA.
Dr Mitesh Sharma trained in Minimally invasive surgery and Robotics at the Intuitive Surgical Training Labs, Utrecht, Netherlands.
He has contributed in more than 30 research papers published in renowned International & National Scientific Journals. He has presented several research lectures, health awareness talks in various International & National conferences.
• MBBS - Sheth KM School of Post Graduate and Research, Ahmedabad
• MS - General Surgery - Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
• MCh - Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery - Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mumbai, 1997
• Fellowship - Cardiac Surgery - University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
• Life Member - Indian Association of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons
• Life Member - Indian Medical Association
• Member - Delhi Medical Council
• Member - Delhi Chapter of Cardiac Surgeons
• Organizing Member - Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons of India
Robotic Cardiac Surgery - University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Robotics - Intuitive Surgical Training Labs, Utretcht, Netherland
• MCH (CVTS) Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mumbai
• MS (Gen. Surg.) Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
• MBBS – Sheth KM School of PG Medicine &Research, Ahmedabad
• Fellow in Cardiac Surgery, Dept. of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
• Specialized Training in ROBOTIC CARDIAC SURGERY from Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A
• MINIMALLY INVASIVE CARDIAC SURGERY and ROBOTICS – Intuitive Surgical Training Labs, Utrecht, Netherland
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon & HOD – Cardiac Surgery at Metro Hospitals & Heart Institute, Noida, Delhi-NCR (Mar 2017 till June 2018)
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon & Head,Metro Heart Institute with multispecialty, Faridabad,Delhi-NCR. (Mar 2009 till Feb 2017)
• Sr. Consultant, Cardiac Surgeon – (2007 May – 2009 March) Global Health Pvt. Ltd., Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
• Consultant Cardiac Surgeon – (Dec. 1997 – Apr 2007) Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi
• Worked as In-Charge Cardiac Surgeon at leading hospitals in New Delhi like Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Saroj Hospital, Balaji Action Hospital, Bhailal Amin Escorts Hospital, Baroda. Apollo Hospital Ahmedabad.
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon and In charge – (Feb 2005 – Jan 2007) – Escorts Maharaja Agrasen Heart Institute, New Delhi
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon – (Feb 2005-Jan 2007) – Kalra Hospital, New Delhi
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon and In charge – (Jan 2005 – March 2009) Escorts Bhailal Amin Heart Institute and Research Centre Baroda.
• More than 30 research papers published in renowned International & National Scientific Journals.
• Presented several research lectures, health awareness talks in various International & National conferences.
• Life Member – Indian Association of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeons (IACTS)
• Life Member – Indian Medical Association (IMA)
• Member – Delhi Medical Council
• Member – Delhi Chapter of Cardiac Surgeons
• Organizing Member – Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons of India
1. Coronary artery bypass Grafting (CABG)
Total Arterial Bypass Surgery
2. Valve Replacement Surgery (using both metallic valves and tissue valves)
• Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR)
• Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR)
• Double Valve Replacement (DVR)
3. Valve Repair Surgery for valve leakages (Ring Annuloplasty repairs)
Mitral Valve Repairs, Tricuspid Valve Repairs
4. Minimally Invasive Surgery (Through Small incision)
• MID CAB for single artery blockages of LAD artery
• ASD closure & MVR
5. Closure of heart defects
• ASD, VSD, PDA
6. Redo Surgeries
• Valve Surgery
7. Carotid Endarterectomy (combined along with Bypass surgery)
• For clearing blockages in brain artery
8. Excision of Cardiac Tumors
• RA or RV Myxomas,
9. Bentall Surgery -for Aneurysm of Ascending Aorta
10. Pericardiectomy Surgery- for severe chronic pericarditis
11. Peripheral Embolectomy – for removing blood clot in limb arteries.