Multidisciplinary Patient Care
Depending on the type and stage of the cancer, the treatment plan may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of all these modalities. Our Breast Cancer treatment team consists of a multidisciplinary group of Breast cancer specialists with expertise in providing state-of-the-art care in the rapidly evolving area of Breast cancer management. The team also incorporates specialty rehabilitative services to ensure recovery extends to wellness after treatment which is as under :
- Medical oncologists design the most appropriate combination of chemotherapy, chemo-radiation and targeted therapy for your particular cancer.
- Radiation oncologists offer innovative radiation therapy techniques customized to your individual needs and designed to deliver the most effective therapeutic radiation to the cancer while preserving normal nearby tissues.
- Breast Cancer surgeons with advanced training in the surgical treatment of breast cancers, provide the most advanced surgical techniques to maximize tumor removal and preserve function and appearance of the breast(s).
- Microvascular surgeons perform state-of-the-art reconstruction utilizing free tissue transfers to optimize function and appearance
- Radiologists offer advanced state-of-the-art imaging and expertise to evaluate tumors, assist in surgical and radiation treatment planning, and monitor the results of treatment
- Pathologists evaluate tumor samples to provide precise diagnostic information, including any biomarkers that can help treating team design the best treatment plan for you
- Oncology nurses and nurse practitioners bring special expertise in cancer care for patients with Breast cancer
- Oncology psychiatrists and social workers provide family, spiritual, emotional and mental health support.
- Palliative care providers work with treating team to address pain and quality-of-life concerns
Members of our treatment team meet regularly with our patients and their referring consultants to ensure clear communication and seamless coordination of care.